Sunday, June 27, 2010

W's Please!

So, I hadn't planned on writing a new post this soon, but, something has been on my mind...

The Red Sox. Shocker, huh?

I am so sick of people questioning my knowledge of my team. Ok, so I don't know absolutely everything there is to know, but really, who does? I am at least doing my part. I keep up with the players and their stats, I watch the games, I understand what's going on and I'm trying to learn about the history. Remember, I have only been a Red Sox fan for 8 years. But, to me, that doesn't matter. They are my heart-and-soul. I live for them. When they hurt, so do I. When they thrive, I do too. And really, who cares if I'm not from Boston? I am so fed up with people calling me "fake." I.AM.DONE.

So, now that I have that off my chest, I'm going to talk about what really matters. And that's what's going on with my boys.

Dustin Pedroia, coming off a remarkable 5-5, three home run, five RBI outing against Colorado, now has a fractured foot and was taken out of Friday's game against the Giants and placed on the DL. Clay Buchholz was taken out of Saturday's game due to a hyper-extended knee, and now Victor Martinez, who was removed from Sunday's game because of a broken thumb. Three injuries in three games. I'm glad we're getting the hell out of the West and headed back home. We have gone through a lot lately, and somehow, it's not fazing us. We are staying positive. And when I say "we," I mean Francona, all of RSN and most importantly, the players.

Even through all the negatives this past weekend, we can't forget that we took 2 out of 3 and completely dominated on Sunday against Lincecum. So much for the key match-up. We needed that CG from Lester (and utter domination of the Giants line-up) to give our bullpen some rest.

Who knows what the future holds for Pedey, V-Mart, Beckett, Ellsbury and all of our other hurt players. I really hope Martinez is not put on the DL and the rest of our players heal extremely quickly. But, even though we aren't where we were hoping to be, in terms of our line-up, we are making the best out of the situation we were put in. We are two games out of first, behind the Yankees (I cringe at that name), and have managed to take over the Wild Card position, knocking the Rays back a game behind us.

We have two off days this week, Monday and Thursday, which could not have come at a better time. We have some work to do. However, in between those off days, we have two games at home that are a must win against Tampa Bay. We need to expand that gap between us and continue to do so the following week when we are visiting Tropicana Field.

We need to win. That's what it comes down to. We need to keep doing what we're doing, and that is getting W's in the book. We also need to remember that we have the best record in baseball since April 20 (42-22).


We have to take the good with the bad and just do what we do best, which is play good baseball. We have the strongest, most positive team and fans I have ever seen in baseball. We will stick together and we will get it done. Our heart-and-soul is there, now we just need to keep hitting, keep getting those insurance runs and make sure our starters go 7+ innings. If we do that, those pinstripes will look pretty damn good sitting in second place.

Go Red Sox!
Jenn Doll

1 comment:

  1. Sportscasting. That's what you need to do! Great post, baby!

    ReplyDelete