Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What is the purpose of life?

As I sat here on my bed, staring at the screen for a good fifteen minutes, I was trying to come up with a name for this blog. I was thinking, pondering on what I wanted to talk about. I have so much on my mind all the time, and I had to think of something that was very general, yet summed up everything in a short little phrase. And it hit me, finally. I am twenty years old. I am lost, confused, lonely and trying to figure out the purpose of my life.

But before I start talking about the purpose of life, I want to begin by telling you how blessed I am, and tell you a little bit about myself. I was born in Plano, TX on December 1, 1989. I moved to the Atlanta, GA area when I was in second grade because of my father's job. I am lucky enough to still have both my parents around, happily married for 33 years. I have two older brothers, Bryan (29) and Mark (24). I am not only the baby of the family, but the only girl, and I wouldn't have it any other way. No offense to any girls out there, but I'm not sure I could have ever handled a sister. I grew up playing sports, climbing trees, hanging on basketball goals (yes, I was a crazy little one!), scraping my knees and I absolutely loved every second of it. I was the ultimate "tom-boy". But, I was also my parents "baby doll" (no pun intended..). I was their pride and joy, their sweet, baby girl, and my mom took full advantage of the fact that I didn't mind her dressing me up. Bows, dresses, curlers in my hair and my bright green eyes got me anything and everything I wanted. As Rodney Atkins once said, "She's her Daddy's girl, her Momma's whole world," and that was exactly how it was and always will be for me. I have a very close relationship with both my parents and my brothers and I am truly, truly blessed to have grown up in such a loving and supportive household.

I'll tell you more about my childhood later, but now I want to focus on not only the purpose of life, or even my life, but the purpose of this blog as well. I "Googled" the "purpose of life," and of course tons of options showed up. I was reading some different meanings and articles, and I realized that I want this blog to be different. I know I'm trying to figure out the purpose of life, and more importantly, my life, but while I'm on this journey, I want to share with you all the experiences that I'm going through. From the good, the bad, the ugly and even the beautiful. I'm not afraid to talk about religion, politics, and as you will all figure out baseball. I have a passion for baseball and even more so, the Boston Red Sox. This isn't going to be a sports blog, so to say, but I will definitely talk about baseball a lot because it is such a big part of my life and something I hope will be a part of my future. So, I hope you guys join me in this journey, this quest to figure out the ultimate purpose of life and maybe even help guide me to figure out my own purpose in this crazy, beautiful life.

Goodbye for now, but not for long.

Jenn Doll (yes, my last name is REALLY Doll, and I think it's pretty awesome)
:) :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a great maiden blog post! You're an excellent writer, my dear, but it is genetic! I'm going to put you on my follow list!

    Great job, sweetie!

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete